Monday, January 12, 2009

The Ankle Bone's Connected to the....Shin Bone!




















I hope I'm not the only one who sang that song as a kid. When Bob was finished with my basement studio renovation, we both realized how bad the stairs looked! So this weekend he ripped up the stairs and put down tiles, similar to the ones on the basement floor. We had plenty of spare tiles, but they didn't seem the right choice for stair treads, so he picked something similar.

I'm funny about creating good karma in the places I live. I really needed the entrance to my studio to be inviting to me. I cleared off the shelves on the stairway landing and put stuff that is dear to me there, to entice me down to work!

Today I tied on the rest of a warp I'd used to make a clerical stole for a local minister. The rest of this warp will be a scarf which I'll probably post on Etsy. When I packed up the studio stuff I put the cone of weft yarn someplace 'safe' so I could get back to weaving when the reno was finished. I can't find it! This is so typical of me. I wove off the bobbin that I kept near the loom, but I can't find the cone I need for the rest of the weaving. I wonder how long it will take me to find it.... I sure hope it's not months....or years!

While Bob was painting the trim yesterday, I made this braid for a workshop I'm doing through my online guild. It felt really good to braid again after more than a year!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hi Brenda I love the look of your studio, and the entrance too. I always lose things too and fine them months later when I am looking for something else. Braid is great too.