Friday, April 10, 2009

Feast Days

It’s that time of year when the spring holy days meet family birthdays.  We’re celebrating everything, and I’m in the kitchen creating three days of (hopefully) memorable breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.  I am thinking of all our grandmothers kneading the dough, chopping the veggies, standing over their simmering pots, stirring…

Cooking is a great creative outlet.  I also have the benefit of having my spinning wheel in the kitchen with me, and a basket of knitting right near my kitchen rocker!Easter 2009

Can you see the hellebore blooming outside the window?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Your house sounds like a wonderful place to be right now! No spring birthdays or family who lives nearby, and we keep Easter low-key.

Jennifer said...

I've always liked to say that food was also "my media". Often the dish prepared was one-of-a-kind based on what was availalbe and I have no idea how to recreate it exactly - so I tell my husband to enjoy it well!

OzWeaver said...

Jennifer,

It sounds like we both cook in similar ways! And when the inspiration and ingredients come together for something wonderful it's quite exhilarating!...maybe that is because I love food so much!