Monday, October 29, 2007

Time Flies












Ah, time. It's the uniting aspect of the entire world. It's the one thing everyone has, and would like more of - but no one can control it, manufacture it, or stop the passage of it.

Is it time for a change? Daylight savings time ends at the end of this week. I have to get ready for very short afternoons!

Fact: TIME is the most used noun in the English language!(don't ask me to prove this as I don't know where it was first cited...I'm only passing along what I read!)

Here are two photos from The NY State Sheep and Wool Festival that should have been posted last week. I don't even know where last week went!
I tried to capture a sense of just how many people were there by early afternoon, but it was much more crowded than this photo shows!

And here are two photos from The Wednesday Group exhibition at the Two07 Art Gallery in NYC. I sat at the gallery yesterday and had the lovely surprise of meeting a woman from Washington State who'd come to the exhibit based on my recommendation through the Weave Tech group. She had posted asking what to see in NY, and she said I was the only one who answered. Of course I also told her to visit the exhibition at the Met as well as the Cloisters!
It's such small world! Then a couple came in who were visiting NY from northern Vermont. I've already forgotten how they heard about the show.


This is a group of colorful tapestries doen by Carol Bitner (the lower right), Annelisa deCoursin (lower left, center and upper right), and me (upper left)!













This is our group project called "Not Gone for Baroque." Weavers are Don Burns, Helen Gold, AnnaByrd Mays, Betsy Snope, Alta Turner, and me. I need to work on cropping this photo a little better

No comments: